The website uses technology that is probably not supported by your browser such as Internet Explorer 11. Some things may look strange or not work. We recommend that you switch to a modern browser instead

Skip to main content

Work for us

The vision of Folktandvården Västra Götaland (the Public Dental Service) is lifelong oral health. We make a difference for the health of the inhabitants of our region.

The Public Dental Service (Folktandvården) in Västra Götaland is the biggest dental organisation in Sweden. Whether you wish to work as a dentist, a dental hygienist, a dental nurse, in research, tutoring students or specialising in a certain field, we have the opportunities! We offer an engaging environment where cooperation, participation, continuous development and high competence are central concepts.

Educated outside of Sweden?

If you have an education in dentistry from another country than Sweden, you are welcome to contact our HR Department to inquire about the possibilities for employment in Folktandvården Västra Götaland. We are always looking for competent colleagues, both general and specialist dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants.

In order to work as a dentist or a dental hygienist in Sweden, you must have a Swedish licence to practice and a high level of proficiency in the Swedish language. If you currently do not fulfil these criteria, you are welcome to contact us for more information about your way forward in the process.

The procedures to apply for a Swedish licence vary depending on if your education is from a country in the EU/EEA or a country outside of the EU/EEA. To find out more about the different processes of acquiring a Swedish licence as a dentist or a dental hygienist, please visit the website of Socialstyrelsen, the National Board of Health and Welfare.

Socialstyrelsen website

Vacant Positions

For more information about which vacant positions are available at the moment, please follow the link "Lediga jobb". Please note that the advertisements for vacant positions are in Swedish.

Lediga jobb

Foreign Students

For more information regarding what is applicable for foreign students and student exchange, please contact The Sahlgrenska Academy at The University of Gothenburg.

Exchange students - The Sahlgrenska Academy website


For more information regarding Folktandvården, our open positions and about working and living in Sweden, please contact:

Linda Olsson, HR
+46 (0)70 349 36 73

For useful information and links, visit the Region Västra Götaland website for medical and dental staff educated abroad.

Updated: 2021-09-24 09:39